42 CFR 3.512 - Prehearing conferences.
(a) The ALJ must schedule at least one prehearing conference, and may schedule additional prehearing conferences as appropriate, upon reasonable notice, which may not be less than 14 business days, to the parties.
(b) The ALJ may use prehearing conferences to discuss the following -
(1) Simplification of the issues;
(2) The necessity or desirability of amendments to the pleadings, including the need for a more definite statement;
(3) Stipulations and admissions of fact or as to the contents and authenticity of documents;
(4) Whether the parties can agree to submission of the case on a stipulated record;
(5) Whether a party chooses to waive appearance at an oral hearing and to submit only documentary evidence (subject to the objection of the other party) and written argument;
(6) Limitation of the number of witnesses;
(7) Scheduling dates for the exchange of witness lists and of proposed exhibits;
(8) Discovery of documents as permitted by this subpart;
(9) The time and place for the hearing;
(10) The potential for the settlement of the case by the parties; and
(11) Other matters as may tend to encourage the fair, just and expeditious disposition of the proceedings, including the protection of confidentiality of identifiable patient safety work product that may be submitted into evidence or otherwise used in the proceeding, if appropriate.
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 3 after this date.