42 CFR 401.721 - Terminating an agreement with a qualified entity.
(1) Engages in one or more serious violations of the requirements of this subpart.
(2) Fails to completely and accurately report information to CMS or fails to make appropriate corrections in response to confidential reviews by providers and suppliers in a timely manner.
(3) Fails to submit an approvable corrective action plan (CAP) as prescribed by CMS, fails to implement an approved CAP, or fails to demonstrate improved performance after the implementation of a CAP.
(5) Based on its re-application, no longer meets the requirements in this subpart.
(6) Fails to maintain adequate data from other sources in accordance with § 401.711(c).
(7) Fails to ensure authorized users comply with their QE DUAs or analysis use agreements.
(b)Return or destruction of CMS data upon voluntary or involuntary termination from the qualified entity program:
(1) If CMS terminates a qualified entity's agreement, the qualified entity and its contractors must immediately upon receipt of notification of the termination commence returning or destroying any and all CMS data (and any derivative files). In no instance can this process exceed 30 days.
(2) If a qualified entity voluntarily terminates participation under this subpart, it and its contractors must return to CMS, or destroy, any and all CMS data in its possession within 30 days of notifying CMS of its intent to end its participation.