42 CFR 403.239 - Submittal of material to retain certification.
(a) CMS certification of a policy that continues to meet the standards will remain in effect, if the insuring organization files the following material with CMS no later than the date specified in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section -
(1) Any changes in the material, specified in § 403.232(b), that was submitted for previous certification.
(2) The loss ratio supporting data specified in § 403.256(b).
(3) A signed statement in which the president of the insuring organization, or a designee, attests that -
(i) The policy continues to meet the requirements specified in § 403.232(a); and
(ii) The information submitted to CMS for review is accurate and complete and does not misrepresent any material fact.
(b) Except as specified in paragraph (c) of this section, the insuring organization must file the material with CMS no later than June 30 of each year. The first time the insuring organization must file the material is no later than June 30 of the calendar year that follows the year in which CMS -
(1) Certifies a new policy; or
(2) Certifies a policy that lost certification as provided in § 403.245.
(c) If the loss ratio calculation period, used to calculate the expected loss ratio for the last actuarial certification submitted to CMS, ends before the June 30 date of paragraph (b) of this section, the insuring organization must file the material with CMS no later then the last day of that rate calculation period.