42 CFR 412.256 - Application requirements.
(a) Written application. A request for reclassification must be in writing and must constitute a complete application in accordance with paragraph (b) of this section.
(1) An application must be mailed or delivered to the MGCRB, with a copy to CMS, and may not be submitted through the facsimile (FAX) process or by other electronic means.
(2) A complete application must be received not later than the first day of the 13-month period preceding the Federal fiscal year for which reclassification is requested.
(3) The filing date of an application is the date the application is received by the MGCRB.
(b) Criteria for a complete application. An application is complete if the application from an individual hospital or from all hospitals in a county includes the following information:
(1) The Federal fiscal year for which the hospital is applying for redesignation.
(2) Which criteria constitute the basis of the request for reclassification.
(3) An explanation of how the hospital or hospitals meet the relevant criteria in §§ 412.230 through 412.236, including any necessary data to support the application.
(c) Opportunity to complete a submitted application.
(1) The MGCRB will review an application within 15 days of receipt to determine if the application is complete. If the MGCRB determines that an application is incomplete, the MGCRB will notify the hospital, with a copy to CMS, within the 15 day period, that it has determined that the application is incomplete and may dismiss the application if a complete application is not filed by September 1.
(2) At the request of the hospital, the MGCRB may, for good cause, grant a hospital that has submitted an application by September 1, an extension beyond September 1 to complete its application.
(d) Appeal of MGCRB dismissal.
(1) The hospital may appeal the MGCRB dismissal to the Administrator within 15 days of the date of the notice of dismissal.
(2) Within 20 days of receipt of the hospital's request for appeal, the Administrator will affirm the dismissal or reverse the dismissal and remand the case to the MGCRB to determine whether reclassification is appropriate.
(e) Notification of complete application. When the MGCRB determines that the hospital's application contains all the necessary elements for a complete application, it notifies the hospital in writing, with a copy to CMS, that the application is complete and that the case may proceed to an MGCRB decision.
Title 42 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 412 after this date.