42 CFR 412.256 - Application requirements.
(2) A complete application must be received not later than the first day of the 13-month period preceding the Federal fiscal year for which reclassification is requested.
(1) The Federal fiscal year for which the hospital is applying for redesignation.
(2) Which criteria constitute the basis of the request for reclassification.
(c)Opportunity to complete a submitted application.
(1) The MGCRB will review an application within 15 days of receipt to determine if the application is complete. If the MGCRB determines that an application is incomplete, the MGCRB will notify the hospital, with a copy to CMS, within the 15 day period, that it has determined that the application is incomplete and may dismiss the application if a complete application is not filed by September 1.
(d)Appeal of MGCRB dismissal.
(2) Within 20 days of receipt of the hospital's request for appeal, the Administrator will affirm the dismissal or reverse the dismissal and remand the case to the MGCRB to determine whether reclassification is appropriate.
(e)Notification of complete application. When the MGCRB determines that the hospital's application contains all the necessary elements for a complete application, it notifies the hospital in writing, with a copy to CMS, that the application is complete and that the case may proceed to an MGCRB decision.