42 CFR § 412.434 - Reconsideration and appeals procedures of Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities Quality Reporting (IPFQR) Program decisions.
(a) An inpatient psychiatric facility may request reconsideration of a decision by CMS that the inpatient psychiatric facility has not met the requirements of the IPFQR Program for a particular fiscal year. An inpatient psychiatric facility must submit a reconsideration request to CMS no later than 30 days from the date identified on the IPFQR Program Annual Payment Update Notification Letter provided to the inpatient psychiatric facility.
(b) A reconsideration request must contain the following information:
(2) The name of the inpatient psychiatric facility;
(3) Contact information for the inpatient psychiatric facility's chief executive officer and QualityNet system administrator, including each individual's name, email address, telephone number, and physical mailing address;
(4) A summary of the reason(s), as set forth in the IPFQR Program Annual Payment Update Notification Letter, that CMS concluded the inpatient psychiatric facility did not meet the requirements of the IPFQR Program;
(5) A detailed explanation of why the inpatient psychiatric facility believes that it complied with the requirements of the IPFQR Program for the applicable fiscal year; and
(6) Any evidence that supports the inpatient psychiatric facility's reconsideration request, such as emails and other documents.
(c) An inpatient psychiatric facility that is dissatisfied with a decision made by CMS on its reconsideration request may file an appeal with the Provider Reimbursement Review Board under part 405, subpart R of this chapter.