§ 422.670 Time and place of hearing
(a) The hearing officer -
(1) Fixes a time and place for the hearing, which is not to exceed 30 calendar days after the receipt of the request for the hearing; and
(2) Sends written notice to the parties that informs the parties of the general and specific issues to be resolved, the burden of proof, and information about the hearing procedure.
(1) The hearing officer may, on his or her own motion, change the time and place of the hearing.
(2) The hearing officer may adjourn or postpone the hearing.
(1) The MA organization or CMS may request an extension by filing a written request no later than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled hearing.
(2) When either the MA organization or CMS requests an extension, the hearing officer will provide a one-time 15 calendar day extension.
(3) Additional extensions may be granted at the discretion of the hearing officer.