42 CFR 424.106 - Criteria for determining whether the hospital was the most accessible.
(a) Basic requirement.
(1) The hospital must be the most accessible one available and equipped to furnish the services.
(2) The transportation facilities available to these hospitals.
(3) The quality of the roads to each hospital.
(4) The availability of beds at each hospital.
(3) The location of previous medical records.
(d) Conditions under which the accessibility requirement is met. If a beneficiary must be taken to a hospital immediately for required diagnosis and treatment, the nonparticipating hospital meets the accessibility requirement if -
(1) It was the nearest hospital to the point where the emergency occurred, it was medically equipped to handle the type of emergency, and it was the most accessible, on the basis of the factors specified in paragraph (b) of this section; or
Title 42 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 424 after this date.