42 CFR 426.431 - ALJ's review of the LCD to apply the reasonableness standard.
(1) Confine the LCD review to the provision(s) of the LCD raised in the aggrieved party's complaint.
(2) Conduct a hearing, unless the matter can be decided on the written record.
(3) Close the LCD review record to the taking of evidence.
(5) Issue a decision as described in § 426.447.
(1) Consult with appropriate scientific or clinical experts concerning evidence.
(c)Authority for ALJs in LCD reviews when applying the reasonableness standard. In applying the reasonableness standard to a provision (or provisions) of an LCD, the ALJ must follow all applicable laws, regulations, rulings, and NCDs.