§ 457.401 Basis, scope, and applicability.
Statutory basis. This subpart interprets and implements -
(1) Section 2102(a)(7) of the Act, which requires that States make assurances relating to, the quality and appropriateness of care, and access to covered services;
(2) Section 2103 of the Act, which outlines coverage requirements for children's health insurance;
(3) Section 2109 of the Act, which describes the relation of the CHIP program to other laws;
(4) Section 2110(a) of the Act, which describes child health assistance; and
(5) Section 2110(c) of the Act, which contains definitions applicable to this subpart.
Scope. This subpart sets forth requirements for health benefits coverage and child health assistance under a separate child health plan.
Applicability. The requirements of this subpart apply to child health assistance provided under a separate child health program and do not apply to a Medicaid expansion program.