42 CFR 460.200 - Maintenance of records and reporting of data.
(1) Participant health outcomes data.
(2) Financial books and records.
(3) Medical records.
(4) Personnel records.
(c)Reporting. A PACE organization must submit to CMS and the State administering agency all reports that CMS and the State administering agency require to monitor the operation, cost, quality, and effectiveness of the program and establish payment rates.
(d)Safeguarding data and records. A PACE organization must establish written policies and implement procedures to safeguard all data, books, and records against loss, destruction, unauthorized use, or inappropriate alteration.
(e)Confidentiality of health information. A PACE organization must establish written policies and implement procedures to do the following:
(1) Safeguard the privacy of any information that identifies a particular participant. Information from, or copies of, records may be released only to authorized individuals. Original medical records are released only in accordance with Federal or State laws, court orders, or subpoenas.
(2) Maintain complete records and relevant information in an accurate and timely manner.
(3) Grant each participant timely access, upon request, to review and copy his or her own medical records and to request amendments to those records.
(4) Abide by all Federal and State laws regarding confidentiality and disclosure for mental health records, medical records, and other participant health information.
(f)Retention of records.
(1) A PACE organization must retain records for the longest of the following periods:
(i) The period of time specified in State law.
(ii) Six years from the last entry date.
(iii) For medical records of disenrolled participants, 6 years after the date of disenrollment.
(2) If litigation, a claim, a financial management review, or an audit arising from the operation of the PACE program is started before the expiration of the retention period, specified in paragraph (f)(1) of this section, the PACE organization must retain the records until the completion of the litigation, or resolution of the claims or audit findings.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 460 after this date.