42 CFR 460.62 - Governing body.
(a)Governing body. A PACE organization must be operating under the control of an identifiable governing body (for example, a board of directors) or a designated person functioning as a governing body with full legal authority and responsibility for the following:
(1) Governance and operation of the organization.
(2) Development of policies consistent with the mission.
(3) Management and provision of all services, including the management of contractors.
(5) Fiscal operations.
(6) Development of policies on participant health and safety, including a comprehensive, systemic operational plan to ensure the health and safety of participants.
(7) Quality assessment and performance improvement program.
(b)Participant advisory committee.
(1) A PACE organization must establish a participant advisory committee to provide advice to the governing body on matters of concern to participants. Participants and representatives of participants must constitute a majority of the membership of this committee.
(c)Participant representation on the governing body.