42 CFR 460.74 - Infection control.
(a) Standard procedures. The PACE organization must follow accepted policies and standard procedures with respect to infection control, including at least the standard precautions developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
(b) Infection control plan. The PACE organization must establish, implement, and maintain a documented infection control plan that meets the following requirements:
(1) Ensures a safe and sanitary environment.
(2) Prevents and controls the transmission of disease and infection.
(c) Contents of infection control plan. The infection control plan must include, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) Procedures to identify, investigate, control, and prevent infections in every Pace center and in each participant's place of residence.
(2) Procedures to record any incidents of infection.
(3) Procedures to analyze the incidents of infection to identify trends and develop corrective actions related to the reduction of future incidents.