42 CFR 488.415 - Temporary management.
(a)Definition. Temporary management means the temporary appointment by CMS or the State of a substitute facility manager or administrator with authority to hire, terminate or reassign staff, obligate facility funds, alter facility procedures, and manage the facility to correct deficiencies identified in the facility's operation.
(b)Qualifications. The temporary manager must -
(1) Be qualified to oversee correction of deficiencies on the basis of experience and education, as determined by the State;
(2) Not have been found guilty of misconduct by any licensing board or professional society in any State;
(3) Have, or a member of his or her immediate family have, no financial ownership interest in the facility; and
(4) Not currently serve or, within the past 2 years, have served as a member of the staff of the facility.
(c)Payment of salary. The temporary manager's salary -
(2) Must be at least equivalent to the sum of the following -
(ii) Additional costs that would have reasonably been incurred by the provider if such person had been in an employment relationship; and
(d)Failure to relinquish authority to temporary management -
(1)Termination of provider agreement. If a facility fails to relinquish authority to the temporary manager as described in this section, CMS will or the State must terminate the provider agreement in accordance with § 488.456.
(2)Failure to pay salary of temporary manager. A facility's failure to pay the salary of the temporary manager is considered a failure to relinquish authority to temporary management.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 488 after this date.