42 CFR § 489.52 - Termination by the provider.
(a) Notice to CMS.
(1) A provider that wishes to terminate its agreement, except for a SNF as specified in paragraph (a)(2) of this section, must send CMS written notice of its intention in accordance with paragraph (a)(3) of this section.
(2) A SNF that wishes to terminate its agreement due to closure of the facility must send CMS written notice of its intention at least 60 days prior to the date of closure, as required at § 483.70(l) of this chapter.
(3) The notice may state the intended date of termination which must be the first day of the month.
(b) Termination date.
(2) CMS may accept a termination date that is less than 6 months after the date on the provider's notice if it determines that to do so would not unduly disrupt services to the community or otherwise interfere with the effective and efficient administration of the Medicare program.
(3) A cessation of business is deemed to be a termination by the provider, effective with the date on which it stopped providing services to the community.
(c) Public notice.
(2) The notice must -
(i) Specify the termination date; and