42 CFR 51b.605 - How will grant applications be evaluated and the grants awarded?
(a) Within the limits of funds available, the Secretary may award a grant to assist in meeting the costs of special activities authorized under section 318(b) of the Act.
(1) Is there adequate evidence that the proposed project is needed and that the outcome has potential to directly benefit the national venereal disease control effort?
(2) Are the project objectives specific, measurable, realistic, time phased, and related to promoting the purposes of section 318?
(3) Is the method of operation logical and clearly related to project objectives, and does it describe how the applicant intends to proceed particularly with activities which are complex, interrelated, or unprecedented?
(4) Does the method of operation include an assessment of any possible impact, both positive and negative, that the conduct of the proposed initiative might have upon the established venereal disease control program in the locality or localities in which the project will be undertaken?
(5) Does the proposal include a comprehensive and realistic plan for the evaluation of the project, and specify the measures and instruments of measurement to be used?
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.