42 CFR 70.5 - Certain communicable diseases; special requirements.
The following provisions are applicable with respect to any person who is in the communicable period of cholera, plague, smallpox, typhus or yellow fever, or who, having been exposed to any such disease, is in the incubation period thereof:
(a)Requirements relating to travelers.
(1) No such person shall travel from one State or possession to another, or on a conveyance engaged in interstate traffic, without a written permit of the Surgeon General or his/her authorized representative.
(2) Application for a permit may be made directly to the Surgeon General or to his/her representative authorized to issue permits.
(3) Upon receipt of an application, the Surgeon General or his/her authorized representative shall, taking into consideration the risk of introduction, transmission, or spread of the disease from one State or possession to another, reject it, or issue a permit that may be conditioned upon compliance with such precautionary measures as he/she shall prescribe.
(4) A person to whom a permit has been issued shall retain it in his/her possession throughout the course of his/her authorized travel and comply with all conditions prescribed therein, including presentation of the permit to the operators of conveyances as required by its terms.
(b)Requirements relating to operation of conveyances.
(i) Accept for transportation any person who fails to present a permit as required by paragraph (a) of this section; or
(ii) Transport any person in violation of conditions prescribed in his/her permit.
(2) Whenever a person subject to the provisions of this section is transported on a conveyance engaged in interstate traffic, the operator thereof shall take such measures to prevent the spread of the disease, including submission of the conveyance to inspection, disinfection and the like, as an officer of the Public Health Service designated by the Surgeon General for such purposes deems reasonably necessary and directs.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 70 after this date.