42 CFR 71.3 - Designation of yellow fever vaccination centers; Validation stamps.
(a)Designation of yellow fever vaccination centers.
(1) The Director is responsible for the designation of yellow fever vaccination centers authorized to issue certificates of vaccination. This responsibility is delegated by the Director to a State or territorial health department with respect to yellow fever vaccination activities of non-Federal medical, public health facilities, and licensed physicians functioning within the respective jurisdictions of a State or territorial health department. Designation may be made upon application and presentation of evidence satisfactory to a State or territorial health department that the applicant has adequate facilities and professionally trained personnel for the handling, storage, and administration of a safe, potent, and pure yellow fever vaccine. Medical facilities of Federal agencies are authorized to obtain yellow fever vaccine without being designated as a yellow fever vaccination center by the Director.
(2) A designated yellow fever vaccination center shall comply with the instruction issued by the Director or by a delegated officer or employee of a State or territorial health department for the handling, storage, and administration of yellow fever vaccine. If a designated center fails to comply with such instruction, after notice to the center, the Director or, for non-Federal centers, a State or territorial health department, may revoke designation.
(b)Validation stamps. International Certificates of Vaccination against cholera and yellow fever issued for vaccinations performed in the United States shall be validated by:
(1) The Seal of the Public Health Service; or
(2) The Seal of the Department of State; or
(3) The stamp of the Department of Defense; or
(4) The stamp issued to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration; or
(5) The stamp issued by a State or territorial health department; or
(6) An official stamp of a design and size approved by the Director for such purpose.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 71 after this date.