43 CFR 3809.11 - When do I have to submit a plan of operations?
(a) You must submit a plan of operations and obtain BLM's approval before beginning operations greater than casual use, except as described in § 3809.21. Also see §§ 3809.31 and 3809.400 through 3809.434.
(b) You must submit a plan of operations for any bulk sampling in which you will remove 1,000 tons or more of presumed ore for testing.
(1) Lands in the California Desert Conservation Area (CDCA) designated by the CDCA plan as “controlled” or “limited” use areas;
(2) Areas in the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System, and areas designated for potential addition to the system;
(3) Designated Areas of Critical Environmental Concern;
(4) Areas designated as part of the National Wilderness Preservation System and administered by BLM;
(5) Areas designated as “closed” to off-road vehicle use, as defined in § 8340.0-5 of this title;
(6) Any lands or waters known to contain Federally proposed or listed threatened or endangered species or their proposed or designated critical habitat, unless BLM allows for other action under a formal land-use plan or threatened or endangered species recovery plan; and
(7) National Monuments and National Conservation Areas administered by BLM.
- 43 CFR 3809.300 — Does This Subpart Apply to My Existing Notice-Level Operations?
- 43 CFR 3809.10 — How Does BLM Classify Operations?
- 43 CFR 3809.31 — Are There Any Special Situations That Affect What Submittals I Must Make Before I Conduct Operations?
- 43 CFR 3809.313 — Under What Circumstances May I Not Begin Operations 15 Calendar Days After Filing My Notice?
- 43 CFR 3809.401 — Where Do I File My Plan of Operations and What Information Must I Include With It?