43 CFR § 3809.601 - What types of enforcement action may BLM take if I do not meet the requirements of this subpart?
BLM may issue various types of enforcement orders, including the following:
(1) BLM may order a suspension of all or any part of your operations after -
(i) You fail to timely comply with a noncompliance order for a significant violation issued under paragraph (a) of this section. A significant violation is one that causes or may result in environmental or other harm or danger or that substantially deviates from the complete notice or approved plan of operations;
(ii) BLM notifies you of its intent to issue a suspension order; and
(iii) BLM provides you an opportunity for an informal hearing before the BLM State Director to object to a suspension.
(2) BLM may order an immediate, temporary suspension of all or any part of your operations without issuing a noncompliance order, notifying you in advance, or providing you an opportunity for an informal hearing if -
(i) You do not comply with any provision of your notice, plan of operations, or this subpart; and
(ii) An immediate, temporary suspension is necessary to protect health, safety, or the environment from imminent danger or harm. BLM may presume that an immediate suspension is necessary if you conduct plan-level operations without an approved plan of operations or conduct notice-level operations without submitting a complete notice.
(3) BLM will terminate a suspension order under paragraph (b)(1) or (b)(2) of this section when BLM determines you have corrected the violation.
(c)Contents of enforcement orders. Enforcement orders will specify -
(1) How you are failing or have failed to comply with the requirements of this subpart;
(2) The portions of your operations, if any, that you must cease or suspend;
(3) The actions you must take to correct the noncompliance and the time, not to exceed 30 calendar days, within which you must start corrective action; and
(4) The time within which you must complete corrective action.