43 CFR 3830.1 - What is the purpose of parts 3830-3839?
In this part 3830, references to “these regulations” are references to parts 3830 through 3839 of this chapter.
(a) These regulations describe the steps you, as a mining claimant, must take regarding mining claims or sites on the Federal lands under Federal law, to -
(1) Locate (see part 3832 of this chapter);
(2) Maintain (see parts 3834 through 3836 of this chapter);
(3) Amend (see part 3833, subpart B, of this chapter); and
(4) Transfer (see part 3833, subpart C, and part 3835, subpart B, of this chapter) mining claims or sites on the Federal lands under Federal law.
(b) These regulations apply to -
(1) Lode and placer mining claims (see part 3832, subpart B, of this chapter);
(2) Mill sites (see part 3832, subpart C, of this chapter);
(3) Tunnel sites (see part 3832, subpart D, of this chapter);
(4) Oil shale claims (see § 3830.92);
(5) Location of uncommon varieties of mineral materials (see § 3830.12(b));
(6) Delinquent co-claimants (see part 3837 of this chapter); and
(7) Mining claims and tunnel sites on Stockraising Homestead Act lands (see part 3838 of this chapter).
(c) In addition to these regulations, there are State law requirements that apply to you. If any State law conflicts with the requirements in these regulations, you must still comply with these regulations. These regulations do not describe State law requirements.