43 CFR 3833.11 - How do I record mining claims and sites?
(a) You must record in the proper BLM State Office a copy of the notice of certificate of location that you recordedor will record in the local recording office by the 90th day after the date of location. If there is no recording requirement under state law (as in Arkansas), you still must record a document with BLM and the local recording office that contains the information required by this part.
(b) Your notice or certificate of location must include:
(1) The name or number, or both, of the claim or site;
(2) The names and current mailing addresses of the locators of the claim;
(3) The type of claim or site;
(4) The date of location; and
(5) A complete description of the lands you have claimed as required in part 3832 of this chapter.
(d) When you record a mining claim or site under this part, you still must comply with any other separate recording requirements existing under other Federal law. However, notices or certificates of location that you mark as being recorded under the Act of April 8, 1948, or the Act of August 11, 1955, satisfy the additional filing requirements of those Acts under subpart 3821 of this chapter for Oregon and California Revested Wagon Road Grant Lands (O & C Lands) and part 3730 of this chapter for Powersite Withdrawals.