43 CFR 3837.24 - What kind of evidence must I submit to BLM to show I have properly notified the delinquent co-claimant?
(a) If you gave written notice to the delinquent co-claimant by personal service, you must sign and submit a notarized affidavit explaining how and when you delivered the written notice to the delinquent co-claimant.
(b) If you gave written notice to the delinquent co-claimant by mail, you must submit:
(1) A copy of the notice you mailed to the delinquent co-claimant; and
(2) A copy of the signed U.S. Postal Service return receipt from the registered or certified envelope in which you sent the notice to the delinquent co-claimant.
(c) If you published the notice in a newspaper, you must submit:
(1) A statement from the newspaper publisher or the publisher's authorized representative describing the publication, including the beginning and ending dates of publication;
(2) A printed copy of the published notice; and
(3) A notarized affidavit attesting that you conducted a diligent search for the delinquent co-claimant, you could not locate the delinquent co-claimant, and therefore notification by publication was necessary.