43 CFR § 45.74 - How will DOI analyze a proposed alternative and formulate its modified condition or prescription?
(a) In deciding whether to accept an alternative proposed under § 45.71 or 45.72, DOI must consider evidence and supporting material provided by any license party or otherwise reasonably available to DOI, including:
(1) Any evidence on the implementation costs or operational impacts for electricity production of the proposed alternative;
(4) Comments received on any draft or final NEPA documents; and
(i) Cost significantly less to implement; or
(ii) Result in improved operation of the project works for electricity production; and
(c) For purposes of paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, DOI will consider evidence and supporting material provided by any license party by the deadline for filing comments on FERC's NEPA document under 18 CFR 5.25(c).
(1) A written statement explaining:
(2) Any study, data, and other factual information relied on that is not already part of the licensing proceeding record.
(e) The written statement under paragraph (d)(1) of this section must demonstrate that DOI gave equal consideration to the effects of the condition or prescription adopted and any alternative not accepted on:
(1) Energy supply, distribution, cost, and use;
(2) Flood control;
(4) Water supply;
(5) Air quality; and
(6) Preservation of other aspects of environmental quality.