45 CFR 1355.53 - CCWIS design requirements.
(a) Except as exempted in paragraph (b) of this section, automated functions contained in a CCWIS must:
(1) Follow a modular design that includes the separation of business rules from core programming;
(2) Be documented using plain language;
(3) Adhere to a state, tribal, or industry defined standard that promotes efficient, economical, and effective development of automated functions and produces reliable systems; and
(4) Be capable of being shared, leveraged, and reused as a separate component within and among states and tribes.
(b) CCWIS automated functions may be exempt from one or more of the requirements in paragraph (a) of this section if:
(1) The CCWIS project meets the requirements of § 1355.56(b) or (f)(1); or
(2) ACF approves, on a case-by-case basis, an alternative design proposed by a title IV-E agency that is determined by ACF to be more efficient, economical, and effective than what is found in paragraph (a) of this section.