45 CFR 152.19 - Covered benefits.
(1) Hospital inpatient services
(2) Hospital outpatient services
(3) Mental health and substance abuse services
(4) Professional services for the diagnosis or treatment of injury, illness, or condition
(5) Non-custodial skilled nursing services
(6) Home health services
(7) Durable medical equipment and supplies
(8) Diagnostic x-rays and laboratory tests
(9) Physical therapy services (occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy)
(11) Emergency services, consistent with § 152.22(b), and ambulance services
(12) Prescription drugs
(13) Preventive care
(14) Maternity care
(1) Cosmetic surgery or other treatment for cosmetic purposes except to restore bodily function or correct deformity resulting from disease.
(2) Custodial care except for hospice care associated with the palliation of terminal illness.
(3) In vitro fertilization, artificial insemination or any other artificial means used to cause pregnancy.
(4) Abortion services except when the life of the woman would be endangered or when the pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or incest.
(5) Experimental care except as part of an FDA-approved clinical trial.