45 CFR 152.2 - Definitions.
prev | next
For purposes of this part the following definitions apply:
Creditable coverage means coverage of an individual as defined in section 2701(c)(1) of the Public Health Service Act as of March 23, 2010 and 45 CFR 146.113(a)(1).
Enrollee means an individual receiving coverage from a PCIP established under this section.
Lawfully present means
(1) A qualified alien as defined in section 431 of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act (PRWORA) (8 U.S.C. 1641);
(2) An alien in nonimmigrant status who has not violated the terms of the status under which he or she was admitted or to which he or she has changed after admission;
(3) An alien who has been paroled into the United States pursuant to section 212(d)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) (8 U.S.C. 1182(d)(5)) for less than 1 year, except for an alien paroled for prosecution, for deferred inspection or pending removal proceedings;
(i) Aliens currently in temporary resident status pursuant to section 210 or 245A of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1160 or 1255a, respectively);
(ii) Aliens currently under Temporary Protected Status (TPS) pursuant to section 244 of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1254a), and pending applicants for TPS who have been granted employment authorization;
(iii) Aliens who have been granted employment authorization under 8 CFR 274a.12(c)(9), (10), (16), (18), (20), (22), or (24);
(v) Aliens currently under Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) pursuant to a decision made by the President;
(vii) Aliens whose visa petitions have been approved and who have a pending application for adjustment of status;
(5) A pending applicant for asylum under section 208(a) of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1158) or for withholding of removal under section 241(b)(3) of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1231) or under the Convention Against Torture who has been granted employment authorization, and such an applicant under the age of 14 who has had an application pending for at least 180 days;
(7) A child who has a pending application for Special Immigrant Juvenile status as described in section 101(a)(27)(J) of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(27)(J)).
Out-of-pocket costs means the sum of the annual deductible and the other annual out-of-pocket expenses, other than for premiums, required to be paid under the program.
Pre-Existing condition exclusion has the meaning given such term in 45 CFR 144.103.
Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) means the temporary high risk health insurance pool plan (sometimes referred to as a “qualified high risk pool”) that provides coverage in a State, or combination of States, in accordance with the requirements of section 1101 of the Affordable Care Act and this part. The term “PCIP program” is generally used to describe the national program the Secretary is charged with carrying out, under which States or non-profit entities operate individual PCIPs.
Resident means an individual who has been legally domiciled in a State.
Service Area refers to the geographic area encompassing an entire State or States in which PCIP furnishes benefits.
State refers each of the 50 States and the District of Columbia.
(8) Exception. An individual with deferred action under the Department of Homeland Security's deferred action for childhood arrivals process, as described in the Secretary of Homeland Security's June 15, 2012, memorandum, shall not be considered to be lawfully present with respect to any of the above categories in paragraphs (1) through (7) of this definition.
Title 45 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.