45 CFR § 155.730 - Application standards for SHOP for plan year beginning prior to January 1, 2018.
(a) General requirements. Application forms used by the SHOP must meet the requirements set forth in this section.
(b) Single employer application. The SHOP must use a single application to determine employer eligibility and to collect information necessary for purchasing coverage. Such application must collect the following—
(2) Number of employees;
(3) Employer Identification Number (EIN); and
(4) A list of qualified employees and their taxpayer identification numbers.
(c) Single employee application. The SHOP must use a single application for eligibility determination, QHP selection and enrollment for qualified employees and their dependents.
(e) Alternative employer and employee application. The SHOP may use an alternative application if such application is approved by HHS and collects the following:
(1) In the case of the employer application, the information in described in paragraph (b); and
(2) In the case of the employee application, the information necessary to establish eligibility of the employee as a qualified employee and to complete the enrollment of the qualified employee and any dependents to be enrolled.
(f) Filing. The SHOP must:
(2) Provide the tools to file an application via an Internet Web site.
(g) Additional safeguards.
(1) The SHOP may not provide to the employer any information collected on the employee application with respect to spouses or dependents other than the name, address, and birth date of the spouse or dependent.
(2) The SHOP is not permitted to collect information on the single employer or single employee application unless that information is necessary to determine SHOP eligibility or effectuate enrollment through the SHOP.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.