45 CFR 156.220 - Transparency in coverage.
(1) Claims payment policies and practices;
(2) Periodic financial disclosures;
(3) Data on enrollment;
(4) Data on disenrollment;
(5) Data on the number of claims that are denied;
(6) Data on rating practices;
(7) Information on cost-sharing and payments with respect to any out-of-network coverage; and
(8) Information on enrollee rights under title I of the Affordable Care Act.
(b)Reporting requirement. A QHP issuer must submit, in an accurate and timely manner, to be determined by HHS, the information described in paragraph (a) of this section to the Exchange, HHS and the State insurance commissioner, and make the information described in paragraph (a) of this section available to the public.
(d)Enrollee cost sharing transparency. A QHP issuer must make available the amount of enrollee cost sharing under the individual's plan or coverage with respect to the furnishing of a specific item or service by a participating provider in a timely manner upon the request of the individual. At a minimum, such information must be made available to such individual through an Internet Web site and such other means for individuals without access to the Internet.