45 CFR 1630.2 - Definitions.
(b) Corrective action means action taken by a recipient that:
(1) Corrects identified deficiencies;
(2) Produces recommended improvements; or
(3) Demonstrates that audit or other findings are either invalid or do not warrant recipient action.
(c) Derivative income means income earned by a recipient from Corporation-supported activities during the term of a Corporation grant or contract, and includes, but is not limited to, income from fees for services (including attorney fee awards and reimbursed costs), sales and rentals of real or personal property, and interest earned on Corporation grant or contract advances.
(e) Final action means the completion of all actions that Corporation management, in a management decision, has concluded are necessary with respect to the findings and recommendations in an audit or other report. In the event that Corporation management concludes no corrective action is necessary, final action occurs when a management decision has been made.
(f) Management decision means the evaluation by Corporation management of findings and recommendations in an audit or other report and the recipient's response to the report, and the issuance of a final, written decision by management concerning its response to such findings and recommendations, including any corrective actions which Corporation management has concluded are necessary to address the findings and recommendations.
(g) Questioned cost means a cost that a recipient has charged to Corporation funds which Corporation management, the Office of Inspector General, the General Accounting Office, or an independent auditor or other audit organization authorized to conduct an audit of a recipient has questioned because of an audit or other finding that:
(1) There may have been a violation of a provision of a law, regulation, contract, grant, or other agreement or document governing the use of Corporation funds;
(2) The cost is not supported by adequate documentation; or
(3) The cost incurred appears unnecessary or unreasonable and does not reflect the actions a prudent person would take in the circumstances.
(h) Recipient as used in this part means any grantee or contractor receiving funds from the Corporation under sections 1006(a)(1) or 1006(a)(3) of the Act.
Title 45 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 1630 after this date.