45 CFR 205.45 - Federal financial participation in relation to State emergency welfare preparedness.
(a) Under title IV-A, Federal financial participation is available at the rate of 50 percent in expenditures for development and planning activities for emergency welfare preparedness. Such activities must relate to emergency welfare situations resulting from natural disasters, civil disorders, and enemy caused disasters, as prescribed in “Guidelines for the Preparation of State Emergency Welfare Services Plan” issued by Social and Rehabilitation Service, DHHS publication No. (SRS) 72-23004. These activities include:
(1) Safekeeping essential documents and records;
(2) Planning and developing emergency operating capability for providing food, lodging, clothing, and welfare registration and inquiry;
(3) Assuring that qualified individuals are responsible for the planning and operation of each welfare function essential under emergency conditions for care and services for public assistance recipients and potential recipients;
(4) Coordinating with other government and voluntary welfare agencies, and welfare-related business and professional organizations and associations, in developing emergency operating plans and attaining operational readiness;
(5) Preparing and maintaining data on kinds, numbers, and locations of essential welfare resources, including manpower;
(6) Developing ability to assess emergency welfare resources and determining requirements necessary to care for public assistance cases in the event of disaster or attack;
(7) Preparing plans for claiming and distributing the above resources;
(8) Developing mutual aid agreements at State and local levels with neighboring welfare organizations;
(9) Preparing and distributing written emergency operations plans for public assistance agencies and operating units;
(10) Participating in preparedness exercises for the purpose of testing plans and determining the role of public assistance programs in relation to the overall preparedness program; and
(11) Travel incidental to any of the above activities.
(b) Federal financial participation is available at 50 percent under title IV-A for providing training in emergency welfare preparedness for all staff and for volunteers.
(c) In Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, Federal financial participation is available at the rate of 75 percent in expenditures for emergency welfare preparedness under titles I, X, XIV, XVI (AABD) of the Social Security Act.
(d) The cost of these activities must be allocated to all programs benefited in accordance with part 74, subtitle A of title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations.