45 CFR § 2517.400 - What must a State Commission or grantmaking entity include in an application for a grant?
(a) In order to apply for a grant from the Corporation under this part, a State Commission or a grantmaking entity must submit the following: (1) A three-year plan for promoting service-learning through programs under this part. The plan must describe the types of community-based program models proposed to be carried out during the first year.
(2) A proposal containing the specific program, budget, and other information specified by the Corporation in the grant application package.
(3) A description of how the applicant will coordinate its activities with the State Plan under § 2550.80(a) of this chapter and with other federally-assisted activities, including a description of plans to meet and consult with the State Commission, if possible, and to provide a copy of the program application to the State Commission.
(4) Assurances that the applicant will -
(i) Keep such records and provide such information to the Corporation with respect to the programs as may be required for fiscal audits and program evaluation;
(ii) Comply with the nonduplication, nondisplacement, and grievance procedure requirements of part 2540 of this chapter; and
(iii) Ensure that, prior to placing a participant in a program, the entity carrying out the program will consult with the appropriate local labor organization, if any, representing employees in the area in which the program will be carried out that are engaged in the same or similar work as the work proposed to be carried out by the program, to prevent the displacement of those employees.
(b) In addition, a grantmaking entity must submit information demonstrating that the entity will make grants for a program -
(1) To carry out activities in two or more States, under circumstances in which those activities can be carried out more efficiently through one program than through two or more programs; and
(2) To carry out the same activities, such as training activities or activities related to exchanging information on service experiences, through each of the projects assisted through the program.