45 CFR § 2552.24 - What are a sponsor's responsibilities for securing community participation?
(a) A sponsor shall secure community participation in local project operation by establishing an Advisory Council or a similar organizational structure with a membership that includes people:
(1) Knowledgeable of human and social needs of the community;
(2) With an interest in the field of community service and volunteerism;
(3) Capable of helping the sponsor satisfy its administrative and program responsibilities including fund-raising, publicity and meeting or exceeding performance measures;
(4) With an interest in, and knowledge of, the range of abilities of older adults; and
(5) Of a diverse composition that reflects the demographics of the service area.
(b) The sponsor determines how such participation shall be secured consistent with the provisions of paragraphs (a)(1) through (a)(5) of this section.