45 CFR 703.6 - Officers.
(a) The officers of each Advisory Committee shall be a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, and such other officers as may be deemed advisable.
(b) The Chairperson shall be appointed by the Commission.
(c) The Vice Chairperson and other officers shall be elected by the majority vote of the full membership of the Committee.
(d) The Chairperson, or in his or her absence the Vice Chairperson, under the direction of the Commission staff member appointed pursuant to § 703.4(b) shall:
(1) Call meetings of the Committee;
(2) Preside over meetings of the Committee;
(3) Appoint all subcommittees of the Committee;
(4) Certify for accuracy the minutes of Committee meetings prepared by the assigned Commission staff member; and
(5) Perform such other functions as the Committee may authorize or the Commission may request.