45 CFR 705.6 - Request for correction or amendment to record.
(a) Any individual who has reviewed a record pertaining to him or her that was furnished to him or her under this part may request the agency to correct or amend all or part of that record.
(b) Each individual requesting a correction or amendment shall send the request to the General Counsel.
(c) Each request for a correction or amendment of a record shall contain the following information:
(1) The name of the individual requesting the correction or amendment.
(2) The name of the system of records in which the record sought to be amended is maintained.
(3) The location of the record system from which the record was obtained.
(4) A copy of the record sought to be amended or a description of that record.
(5) A statement of the material in the record that should be corrected or amended.
(6) A statement of the specific wording of the correction or amendment sought.
(7) A statement of the basis for the requested correction or amendment, including any material that the individual can furnish to substantiate the reasons for the amendment sought.