46 CFR 126.110 - Inspection after accident.
(1) Each time an accident occurs, or a defect is discovered that affects -
(i) The safety of the vessel; or
(ii) The effectiveness or completeness of its lifesaving, fire-fighting, or other equipment; or
(2) Whenever any important repairs or renewals are made.
(b) The inspection is to ensure that -
(1) The necessary repairs or renewals have been effectively made;
(2) The material and workmanship used to accomplish the repairs or renewals are satisfactory; and
(3) The OSV complies with the regulations in this subchapter.