46 CFR § 153.809 - Procedures for having the Coast Guard examine a vessel for a Certificate of Compliance.
(a) Notify the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection of the port where the vessel is to be inspected at least 7 days before the vessel arrives and arrange the exact time and other details of the examination. This notification is in addition to any other pre-arrival notice to the Coast Guard required by other regulations, but may be concurrent with the endorsement application in § 153.9, and must include -
(1) The name of the vessel's first U.S. port of call;
(2) The date that the vessel is scheduled to arrive;
(3) The name and telephone number of the owner's local agent; and
(4) The names of all cargoes listed in table 1 of this part that are on board the vessel.
(1) A general arrangement (including the location of fire fighting, safety, and lifesaving gear);
(2) A capacity plan;
(3) A schematic diagram of cargo piping on deck and in tanks (including the location of all valves and pumps); and
(4) A schematic diagram of cargo tank vent piping (including the location of relief valves and flame screens).