46 CFR 160.062-7 - Procedures for acceptance of repair facility.
(a) Before a repair facility is accepted by the Commandant to perform the services required in § 160.062-4(f), it must be inspected by the cognizant Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection, to determine if it has -
(1) The testing apparatus to perform all the tests required in § 160.062-4;
(2) A source of supply of replacement parts for a hydraulic release, evidenced by a signed agreement between the facility and his source of supply, or the parts for it; all replacement parts must be in compliance with applicable specifications and standards contained in § 160.062-1; and
(3) Employees competent to perform the services required in this paragraph. Each employee who is engaged in serving a hydraulic release must demonstrate his competence to the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection by -
(i) Disassembling a hydraulic release;
(ii) Making all necessary repairs to the disassembled unit;
(iii) Reassembling the unit in conformance with the specifications and standards contained in § 160.062-1(a); and
(iv) Showing that the reassembled unit meets the buoyant capacity and release depth requirements contained in § 160.062-3 (b) and (c) after being inspected and tested in conformance with the requirements contained in § 160.062-4(f).
(1) It is an accepted repair facility for the reconditioning and testing of hydraulic releases; or
(2) It is not accepted as a repair facility, lists each discrepancy noted by the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection, and describes the procedure for reinspection if applicable corrections are made.