46 CFR 160.072-3 - General performance requirements.
(a) Each flag must:
(1) Be a square or rectangle at least 90 cm (36 inches) wide and at least 90 cm (36 inches) long. If the flag is a rectangle, the shorter side cannot be less than 2/3 the length of the longer side;
(2) Have no less than 70% of the total area colored a bright red-orange color;
(3) Display a black disc and a black square on the red-orange background on both sides arranged as follows:
(ii) The disc and square must be centered on one axis of the flag parallel to the longest side of the flag as shown in Figure 160.072-3. If the flag is a square, the axis may be parallel to any side.
(iii) The disc and square shall be separated by a distance of 1/6 the length of the longest side of the flag or 15 cm (6 inches), whichever is greater.
(4) Be capable of passing the accelerated weathering test of § 160.072-5;
(5) Have reinforced corners, each with a grommet; and,
(6) Be packaged with 4 pieces of line, with a tensile strength of at least 225 N (Newtons) (50 lbs) no less than 30 cm (12 inches) long, capable of passing through the grommets freely.
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 160 after this date.