46 CFR 160.151-11 - Approval procedure.
(a) A manufacturer seeking approval of an inflatable liferaft must comply with the procedures in part 159, subpart 159.005, of this chapter and in this section.
(b) A manufacturer seeking approval of an inflatable liferaft must submit an application to the Commandant meeting the requirements of § 159.005-5 of this chapter for preapproval review. To meet the requirements of § 159.005-5(a)(2) of this chapter, the manufacturer shall submit -
(1) General-arrangement drawing including principal dimensions;
(2) Seating-arrangement plan;
(3) Plans for subassemblies;
(4) Plans for carriage and, in detail, stowage of equipment;
(5) Plans for the inflation system;
(6) Plans for the outer container;
(7) Plans for any lifting shackle or ring, including diameter in cross-section, used for connecting the suspension tackle of a davit-launched inflatable liferaft to the automatic disengaging device used for its hoisting and lowering;
(8) Other drawing(s) necessary to show that the inflatable liferaft complies with the requirements of this subpart;
(9) Description of methods of seam and joint construction;
(10) Samples and identification of each material used in the buoyancy chambers, floor, and canopy, including the identity of their manufacturers, and segments of each type of seam made from such materials; and
(11) Complete data pertinent to the installation and use of the proposed inflatable liferaft, including the maximum proposed height of its installation above the water, and the maximum length of the sea painter installed in the inflatable liferaft.
Title 46 published on 09-May-2017 04:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 160 after this date.