46 CFR 160.151-39 - Training of servicing technicians.
(a) The training program for certification of servicing technicians must include -
(1) Training and practice in packing an inflatable liferaft, repairing buoyancy tubes, repairing inflation-system valves, and other inspections and operations described in the approved servicing manual;
(2) An evaluation at the end of the training to determine whether each trainee has successfully completed the training; and
(3) Issuance of a certificate of competence to each technician who successfully completes the training.
(b) The manufacturer shall maintain refresher training for recertification of previously trained servicing technicians. This training must include -
(1) Checking the performance of the technicians in the inspections and operations described in the manual;
(2) Retraining of the technicians in inspections and operations for which they are deficient;
(3) Training and practice in new inspections and operations;
(4) An evaluation at the end of the training to determine whether or not each trainee has successfully completed the training; and
(5) Issuance of a certificate of competence to each technician who successfully completes the training.
(c) Each time the manufacturer holds a course for servicing technicians who will perform servicing on liferafts approved by the Coast Guard, the manufacturer shall notify the cognizant OCMI sufficiently in advance to allow, at the option of the OCMI, for a Coast Guard inspector or inspectors to travel to the site where the training is to occur.
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 160 after this date.