46 CFR 160.151-43 - Conditions at servicing facilities.
(a) Each facility must maintain a room to service inflatable liferafts that -
(1) Is clean;
(2) Is fully enclosed;
(3) Has enough space to service the number of liferafts likely to be present for service at one time;
(4) Has a ceiling high enough to hold and allow overturning of a fully inflated liferaft of the largest size to be serviced, or is furnished with an equally efficient means to facilitate the inspection of bottom seams;
(5) Has a smooth floor that will not damage a liferaft, can be easily cleaned, and is kept clean and free from oil, grease, and abrasive material;
(6) Is well lit but free from direct sunlight;
(7) Is arranged to maintain an even temperature and low humidity in each area where liferafts are pressure tested, including by mechanical air-conditioning equipment in climates where it is necessary;
(8) Is arranged so that stored liferafts are not subjected to excessive loads and, if stacked one directly on top of another, does not have them stacked more than two liferafts high;
(9) Is efficiently ventilated but free of drafts; and
(10) Is a designated no-smoking area.
(b) In addition to the room required by paragraph (a) of this section, each facility must maintain areas or rooms for storage of liferafts awaiting servicing, repair, or delivery; for repair and painting of reinforced plastic containers; for storage of pyrotechnics and other materials, such as spare parts and required equipment; and for administrative purposes.
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 160 after this date.