46 CFR 169.672 - Wiring for power and lighting circuits.
(a) Wiring for power and lighting circuits must have copper conductors, of 14 AWG or larger, and -
(1) Meet Article 310-8 and Table 310-13 of the National Electrical Code;
(2) Be listed as “50 volt boat cable”; or
(3) Meet subpart 111.60 of this chapter.
(b) Wiring for power and lighting circuits on new vessels must have stranded conductors.
(c) Conductors must be sized so that -
(1) They are adequate for the loads carried; and
(2) The voltage drop at the load terminals is not more than 10 percent.