46 CFR 176.802 - Hull.
(a) At each initial and subsequent inspection for certification of a vessel, the owner or managing operator shall be prepared to conduct tests and have the vessel ready for inspections of the hull structure and its appurtenances, including the following:
(1) Inspection of all accessible parts of the exterior and interior of the hull, the watertight bulkheads, and weather decks;
(2) Inspection and operation of all watertight closures in the hull, decks, and bulkheads including through hull fittings and sea valves;
(3) Inspection of the condition of the superstructure, masts, and similar arrangements constructed on the hull, and on a sailing vessel all spars, standing rigging, running rigging, blocks, fittings, and sails;
(4) Inspection of all railings and bulwarks and their attachment to the hull structure;
(5) Inspection to ensure that guards or rails are provided in dangerous places;
(7) Inspection of all interior spaces to ensure that they are adequately ventilated and drained, and that means of escape are adequate and properly maintained.
Title 46 published on 09-May-2017 04:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 176 after this date.