46 CFR § 4.40-5 - Definitions.
As used in this subpart:
(b) Board means the National Transportation Safety Board.
(c) Chairman means the Chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board.
(d) Major marine casualty means a casualty involving a vessel, other than a public vessel, that results in:
(1) The loss of six or more lives:
(2) The loss of a mechanically propelled vessel of 100 or more gross tons;
(3) Property damage initially estimated at $500,000 or more; or
(f) Vessel of the United States means a vessel:
(1) Documented or required to be documented under the laws of the United States;
(2) Owned in the United States; or
(3) Owned by a citizen or resident of the United States and not registered under a foreign flag.