46 CFR § 503.39 - Factors to be considered in response to demands or requests.
(a) The Commission will determine whether testimony or the production of documents will be authorized according to the following criteria:
(1) Statutory restrictions, as well as any legal objection, exemption, or privilege that may apply;
(2) Relevant legal standards for disclosure of nonpublic information and documents;
(3) Commission rules and regulations;
(4) The public interest;
(5) Minimizing or preventing expenditures of Commission time and resources solely for private purposes.
(6) Minimizing the appearance of improperly favoring one litigant over another;
(7) Minimizing the possibility that the public will misconstrue variances between personal opinions of Commission employees and Commission policy; and
(8) Preserving the integrity of the administrative process.