46 CFR 520.11 - Non-vessel-operating common carriers.
(2) The manner of its financial responsibility;
(3) Whether it is relying on coverage provided by a group or association to which it is a member;
(4) The name and address of the surety company, insurance company or guarantor issuing the bond, insurance policy, or guaranty;
(5) The number of the bond, insurance policy or guaranty; and
(6) Where applicable, the name and address of the group or association providing coverage.
(b)Agent for service. Every NVOCC not in the United States shall state the name and address of the person in the United States designated under part 515 of this chapter as its legal agent for service of process, including subpoenas. The NVOCC shall further state that in any instance in which the designated legal agent cannot be served because of death, disability or unavailability, the Commission's Secretary will be deemed to be its legal agent for service of process.
(1) NVOCCs shall address the following situations in their tariffs:
(iii) If two NVOCCs enter into a co-loading arrangement which results in a shipper-to-carrier relationship, the tendering NVOCC shall describe its co-loading practices and specify its responsibility to pay any charges for the transportation of the cargo. A shipper-to-carrier relationship shall be presumed to exist where the receiving NVOCC issues a bill of lading to the tendering NVOCC for carriage of the co-loaded cargo.
(2)Documentation requirements. An NVOCC which tenders cargo to another NVOCC for co-loading, whether under a shipper-to-carrier or carrier-to-carrier relationship, shall annotate each applicable bill of lading with the identity of any other NVOCC to which the shipment has been tendered for co-loading. Such annotation shall be shown on the face of the bill of lading in a clear and legible manner.
(3)Co-loading rates. No NVOCC may offer special co-loading rates for the exclusive use of other NVOCCs. If cargo is accepted by an NVOCC from another NVOCC which tenders that cargo in the capacity of a shipper, it must be rated and carried under tariff provisions which are available to all shippers.
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 520 after this date.