46 CFR 520.9 - Access to tariffs.
(a)Methods to access. Carriers and conferences shall provide access to their published tariffs, via a personal computer (“PC”), by:
(1) Dial-up connection via public switched telephone networks (“PSTN”); or
(2) The Internet (Web) by:
(i) Web browser; or
(ii) Telnet session.
(b)Dial-up connection via PSTN.
(1) This connection option requires that tariffs provide:
(i) A minimum of a 14.4Kbps modem capable of receiving incoming calls;
(ii) Smart terminal capability for VT-100 terminal or terminal emulation access; and
(iii) Telephone line quality for data transmission.
(2) The modem may be included in a collection (bank) of modems as long as all modems in the bank meet the minimum speed.
(1) This connection option requires that systems provide:
(i) A universal resource locator (“URL”) Internet address (e.g., http://www.tariffsrus.com or http://126.96.36.199); and/or
(ii) A URL Internet address (e.g., telnet://tariffsrus or telnet://188.8.131.52), for Telnet session access over the Internet.
(2) Carriers or conferences shall ensure that their Internet service providers provide static Internet addresses.
(d)Commission access. Commission telecommunications access to systems must include connectivity via a dial-up connection over PSTNs or a connection over the Internet. Connectivity will be provided at the expense of the publishers. Any recurring connection fees, hardware rental fees, usage fees or any other charges associated with the availability of the system are the responsibility of the publisher. The Commission shall only be responsible for the long-haul charges for PSTN calls to a tariff initiated by the FMC.
(2) Carriers are not required to provide remote terminals for access under this section.
(g)User identifications. Carriers and conferences shall provide the Commission with the documentation it requires and the number of user identifications and passwords it requests to facilitate the Commission's access to their systems, if they require such identifications and passwords.
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 46 CFR Part 520 after this date.
Title 46 published on 2015-12-02.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 46.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.