46 CFR 530.8 - Service Contracts.
prev | next
(a) Authorized persons shall file with BTCL, in the manner set forth in appendix A of this part, a true and complete copy of every service contract or amendment to a filed service contract before any cargo moves pursuant to that service contract or amendment.
(b) Every service contract filed with the Commission shall include the complete terms of the service contract including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) The origin port ranges in the case of port-to-port movements and geographic areas in the case of through intermodal movements;
(2) The destination port ranges in the case of port-to-port movements and geographic areas in the case of through intermodal movements;
(9) The legal names and business addresses of the contract parties; the legal names of affiliates entitled to access the contract; the names, titles and addresses of the representatives signing the contract for the parties; and the date upon which the service contract was signed, except that in the case of a contract entered under the authority of an agreement or by a shippers' association, individual members need not be named unless the contract includes or excludes specific members. Subsequent references in the contract to the contract parties shall be consistent with the first reference (e.g., (exact name), “carrier,” “shipper,” or “association,” etc.). Carrier parties which enter into contracts that include affiliates must either:
(ii) Certify that this information will be provided to the Commission upon request within ten (10) business days of such request. However, the requirements of this section do not apply to amendments to contracts that have been filed in accordance with the requirements of this section unless the amendment adds new parties or affiliates;
(11) A description of the shipment records which will be maintained to support the service contract and the address, telephone number, and title of the person who will respond to a request by making shipment records available to the Commission for inspection under § 530.15 of this part; and
(2) Make reference to terms not explicitly contained in the service contract itself unless those terms are readily available to the parties and the Commission.
(3) Pursuant to § 530.15(c), the carrier party to the service contract must, upon written request by the Commission, provide the Commission with the associated records of the referenced terms. For the purpose of paragraph (c)(2) of this section, the referenced terms will be deemed readily available to the Commission if the carrier party to the service contract provides the Commission with the associated records of the terms within thirty (30) days of the Commission's written request.
(d) Other requirements. Every service contract filed with BTCL shall include, as set forth in appendix A to this part by:
(1) A unique service contract number of more than one (1) but less than ten (10) alphanumeric characters in length (“SC Number”); and
(2) A consecutively numbered amendment number no more than three digits in length, with initial service contracts using “0”(“Amendment number”);
(3) The filed FMC Agreement Number(s) assigned by the Commission under 46 CFR part 535 (if applicable); and
(1) In the event that the Commission's filing systems are not functioning and cannot receive service contract filings for twenty-four (24) continuous hours or more, affected parties will not be subject to the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section and § 530.14(a) that a service contract be filed before cargo is shipped under it.
(2) However, service contracts which go into effect before they are filed, pursuant to paragraph (e)(1) of this section, must be filed within twenty-four (24) hours of the Commission's filing systems' return to service.
(3) Failure to file a service contract that goes into effect before it is filed, pursuant to paragraph (e)(1) of this section, within twenty-four (24) hours of the Commission's filing systems' return to service will be considered a violation of Commission regulations.
Title 46 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.