46 CFR 535.408 - Activities that may be conducted without further filings.
(a) Agreements that arise from authority of an effective agreement but whose terms are not fully set forth in the effective agreement to the extent required by § 535.402 are permitted without further filing only if they:
(1) Are themselves exempt from the filing requirements of this part (pursuant to subpart C - Exemptions of this part); or
(2) Are listed in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) Unless otherwise exempt in subpart C of this part, only the following technical or operational matters of an agreement's affairs established pursuant to express enabling authority in an agreement are considered part of the effective agreement and do not require further filing under section 5 of the Act ( 46 U.S.C. 40301(d)-(e), 40302-40303, 40305):
(1) Establishment of tariff rates, rules and regulations and their joint publication;
(2) The terms and conditions of space allocation and slot sales, the procedures for allocating space, the establishment of space charter rates, and the terms and conditions of charter parties;
(3) Stevedoring, terminal, and related services including the operation of tonnage centers or other joint container marshaling facilities;
(4) The following administrative matters:
(i) Scheduling of agreement meetings;
(ii) Collection, collation and circulation of data and reports from or to members;
(iii) Procurement, maintenance, or sharing of office facilities, furnishings, equipment and supplies, the allocation and assessment of costs thereof, or the provisions for the administration and management of such agreements by duly appointed individuals;
(iv) Procedures for anticipating parties' space requirements;
(v) Maintenance of books and records; and
(vi) Details as to the following matters as between parties to the agreement: insurance, procedures for resolutions of disputes relating to loss and/or damage of cargo, and force majeure clauses;
(5) The following operational matters:
(i) Port rotations and schedule adjustments; and
(ii) Changes in vessel size, number of vessels, or vessel substitution or replacement, if the resulting change is within a capacity range specified in the agreement; and
(6) Neutral body policing (limited to the description of neutral body authority and procedures related thereto).