47 CFR 1.1311 - Environmental information to be included in the environmental assessment (EA).
(1) For antenna towers and satellite earth stations, a description of the facilities as well as supporting structures and appurtenances, and a description of the site as well as the surrounding area and uses. If high intensity white lighting is proposed or utilized within a residential area, the EA must also address the impact of this lighting upon the residents.
(2) A statement as to the zoning classification of the site, and communications with, or proceedings before and determinations (if any) made by zoning, planning, environmental or other local, state or Federal authorities on matters relating to environmental effect.
(3) A statement as to whether construction of the facilities has been a source of controversy on environmental grounds in the local community.
(4) A discussion of environmental and other considerations which led to the selection of the particular site and, if relevant, the particular facility; the nature and extent of any unavoidable adverse environmental effects, and any alternative sites or facilities which have been or might reasonably be considered.
(5) Any other information that may be requested by the Bureau or Commission.
(6) If endangered or threatened species or their critical habitats may be affected, the applicant's analysis must utilize the best scientific and commercial data available, see 50 CFR 402.14(c).
(b) The information submitted in the EA shall be factual (not argumentative or conclusory) and concise with sufficient detail to explain the environmental consequences and to enable the Commission or Bureau, after an independent review of the EA, to reach a determination concerning the proposal's environmental impact, if any. The EA shall deal specifically with any feature of the site which has special environmental significance (e.g., wilderness areas, wildlife preserves, natural migration paths for birds and other wildlife, and sites of historic, architectural, or archeological value). In the case of historically significant sites, it shall specify the effect of the facilities on any district, site, building, structure or object listed, or eligible for listing, in the National Register of Historic Places. It shall also detail any substantial change in the character of the land utilized (e.g., deforestation, water diversion, wetland fill, or other extensive change of surface features). In the case of wilderness areas, wildlife preserves, or other like areas, the statement shall discuss the effect of any continuing pattern of human intrusion into the area (e.g., necessitated by the operation and maintenance of the facilities).
(c) The EA shall also be accompanied with evidence of site approval which has been obtained from local or Federal land use authorities.
(d) To the extent that such information is submitted in another part of the application, it need not be duplicated in the EA, but adequate cross-reference to such information shall be supplied.
(e) An EA need not be submitted to the Commission if another agency of the Federal Government has assumed responsibility for determining whether of the facilities in question will have a significant effect on the quality of the human environment and, if it will, for invoking the environmental impact statement process.
- 47 CFR 1.1305 — Actions Which Normally Will Have a Significant Impact Upon the Environment, for Which Environmental Impact Statements Must Be Prepared.
- 47 CFR 1.1706 — Content of Filings.
- 47 CFR 5.63 — Supplemental Statements Required.
- 47 CFR 1.1312 — Facilities for Which No Preconstruction Authorization Is Required.
- 47 CFR 17.4 — Antenna Structure Registration.
- 47 CFR 1.1308 — Consideration of Environmental Assessments (EAs); Findings of No Significant Impact.
- 47 CFR 90.129 — Supplemental Information to Be Routinely Submitted With Applications.
- 47 CFR 73.404 — Interim Hybrid IBOC DAB Operation.
- 47 CFR 95.406 — (CB Rule 6) Are There Any Special Restrictions on the Location of My CB Station?
- 47 CFR 63.18 — Contents of Applications for International Common Carriers.
- 47 CFR 25.115 — Applications for Earth Station Authorizations.
- 47 CFR 95.206 — (R/C Rule 6) Are There Any Special Restrictions on the Location of My R/C Station?